Young Onset Support Groups
If you are young and Parkinson’s disease is impacting your life, consider starting or joining an early onset Parkinson’s support group.
Why Become a Leader?
People become Parkinson's support groups leaders for a variety of reasons including:
- Wanting a young onset-specific group to be available in their area
- Feeling it's important to "give back," and help others learn from their experience.
- Knowing first-hand how important the caregiving role is and offering family members and friends a place to share their feelings and get support.
- Being a healthcare professional with particular interest in PD.
Why Become a Member?
People join Parkinson's disease support groups for a variety of reasons including:
- Wanting to connect with other young people with similar experiences.
- Needing some emotional and practical support in managing PD.
- Finding advocacy or fundraising partners.