Young Support Groups
If you are young and Parkinson’s disease is impacting your life, consider starting or joining an early onset Parkinson’s support group.
Young Parkinson's Support Group Leaders Manual
Starting and maintaining an young onset Parkinson’s support group is easier than ever, especially if you have our newest resource. This booklet walks you through the process, step-by-step, and includes the items in the Support Group Leaders Toolkit below and much, much more. If you would like to receive email notification when this publication becomes available for download, simply email us at email@example.com. Of course, helping you start a support group is only way one of the ways we can help.
Why Become a Leader?
People become Parkinson's support groups leaders for a variety of reasons including:
- Wanting a young onset-specific group to be available in their area
- Feeling it's important to "give back," and help others learn from their experience.
- Knowing first-hand how important the caregiving role is and offering family members and friends a place to share their feelings and get support.
- Being a healthcare professional with particular interest in PD.
Why Become a Member?
People join Parkinson's disease support groups for a variety of reasons including:
- Wanting to connect with other young people with similar experiences.
- Needing some emotional and practical support in managing PD.
- Finding advocacy or fundraising partners.